Welcome to Linköping University
We’re happy that you are starting your studies at our University! In order for your first time as a student to be as easy as possible, you can now get access to some of our IT-services.
You just have to create a temporary LiU-ID by following the instructions.
With your temporary LiU-ID you can register for courses and/or programmes, log in to your course platform, see your schedule, change your address and register for exams.
To create a temporary LiU-ID, you are required to have applied via universityadmissions.se, have a Swedish civic registration number (890701-2822), be registered in Sweden and that you are a new student at Linköping University. This also applies to those who have studied here before that have an expired LiU-ID, which means that you cannot access the Student portal and don't have a student e-mail account. If you already have an active, functioning LiU-ID, you obviously do not have to create a new one.
Start creating a temporary LiU-ID
(you will be directed to universityadmissions.se where you use your usual log in)
- I have forgotten my password at universityadmissions.se
I'm already a student at Linköping University and want to log in to the Student portal.
- Click on Start creating LiU-ID.
- Use your usual log in from universityadmissions.se.
- Log in.
- Read the information.
- Go to the roll-call.
- Log in to the Student portal and register for your program/courses.
- Visit the Student Service Desk: sign the agreement, get access to your regular LiU-ID and collect your LiU-card. (You can do this the day after you have registered.)
Last updated: 2013-03-13