There are about 100 associations on campus. They cater for a wide variety of interests such as music/choirs, sports, religion, academic topics and much more.
- Erasmus Student Network (ESN) organises activities for all international students at LiU, such as parties, dinners, sport tournaments and various outings and trips.
- International Student Association (ISA) arranges social and cultural activities for international students, for instance the annual International Day.
- Association for International Visitors (AIV) arranges introductions to Swedish families, cultural programmes and trips. Apply for a friend family.
Traditional student events
Linköping University is particularly known for its rich and one-of-a-kind student life. A key component is student festivities called kravall where the dress code is a student overall. Many kravaller have become a long-running tradition in relation to competitions or cultural events, such as:
- Dra’t i Spa’t - unofficially called Draget, where student teams from all over the country participate in a tug-of-war over the Tinnerbäcken creek.
- Le Mans - originally a go-cart competition, now replaced by races on human-powered vehicles.
- Intervallen – the international kravall with bars representing different countries.
- Pallen - a test of skill, strength and endurance, in recent years by means of a paintball competition, where the first prize is a load of beer.
- Valla Saucer-Rennen - sledging down the Valla slope in self-made sledges.
- Snuttekravallen - where festivities revolve around short student movies made by students.
- DÖMD - a darts competition and a big party.
- Studentorkesterfestivalen (SOF) - a festival arranged every other year in Linköping/Norrköping since 1973 with student orchestras and student bands from all the Nordic countries.
There are several student pubs with regular opening hours, including Herrgår’n, Flamman, Villevalla and Nationernas Hus in Linköping, Trappan and Vattentornet in Norrköping, as well as Pub Örat on the University Hospital Campus. The student union building Kårallen arranges a number of student parties and pub nights. Herrgår’n also arranges an international pub night on some Tuesdays, which is very popular with international students.
Students in Linköping can join the Students’ Sport and Athletics Club at campus Valla (LSIF). Students in Norrköping can join the Academic sports club at campus Norrköping (Naffi).
Both cities also have numerous gyms and sports centres, which usually offer student discounts. There are also indoor swimming pools in central Linköping and Norrköping.
Last updated: Tue Apr 07 17:06:52 CEST 2015