LiU printout system
Through an agreement with Konica Minolta, LiU supplies a common printing solution for employees and students with printers and copiers. The ambition of the printing system is to reduce the total cost of the University’s printouts while providing an efficient printing environment with needs-adjusted, flexible mechanical equipment. Each printing unit has a unique name consisting of an animal and the LiU internal product name, for example “Crocodile-LiU1” or “Hedgehog-LiU5”.
There are also printer queues in common called PrintAnywhere. If you should use this service, the document is not printed out immediately but you receive the print out from any multi-function printer you choose.
This is needed to start printing or copying:
1. LiU-ID - As a student at Linköping University you will receive an IT account called LiU-ID. It is a central user identity that consists of a username and a password.
2. LiU-card - All undergraduate and postgraduate students get a LiU-card identifying that they are students. The card can be used as an access card, library card, copy and print card. You can also print and copy without a LiU-card but then you must log in using LiU-ID and pin code on a multifunction printer.
3. Activated LiU e-mailaccount. Before you activate your PayEx account, you must have a working LiU email account that your password will be sent to, check this at: http://e-go.student.liu.se/. If you accidentally create a PayEx account before you have a working email address you can, when your email address is enabled, access http://payex.com/private/ to request a new password.
4. PayEx-account linked to LiU card is used as payment solution. The LiU-card must be connected to a PayEx account and you have to deposit money into your account before you can print or copy. Note that it is possible to scan without adding funds.
NOTE! Once you have activated your LiU-ID it may take up to a day before your email account can handle incoming mail. This means that you should not create PayEx account until the day after you activated your LiU-ID.
Login and Logout at an MFP
Before you can use the multifunction printer features you need to log in to it.
Login to the MFP is done with your LiU-card and PIN code.
1. Submit your PIN code. (Tap the small keyboard icon to the right of the input field in order to show the keyboard.)
2. Hold your LiU-card toward the card reader that is labeled with a sticker with the text "Place the LiU-card here”. See image.
You can do it the other way around, too: place your LiU card near the label first, then submit your PIN code. If you do it in this order you need to tap the Login button in the lower right corner of the display panel, too.
If you do not have your LiU-card with you, you can enter your LiU-ID and password on the printer’s screen in the corresponding fields.
Password: Your LiU-ID password
PIN: Do not submit anything here.
After login you will see your available print quota. After you have used the printer, you need to log out. Log out is done via the button on the printer panel labeled with a key. This button is also labeled with a sticker with the text "LOG OUT"
Each output device has a unique name and LiU's internal product name. Example: ”Krokodilen-LiU4” or ”Spindeln-LiU1”.
There is also a shared printer queue named PrintAnywhere. By using PrintAnywhere the documents are not printed directly. You can collect your documents at any multifunction printer by logging in to it.
All multifunction printers have a scan function that allows you to scan documents and pictures and then send it to an email address. You can scan documents and convert them directly to Word, Excel, PDF, RTF, XPS. Scanning does not draw funds from your PayEx account.
To use the scan feature, you must have an email account at LiU as the document is sent from the MFP with your LiU e-mail address as the sender.
You can also use the MFPs in order to make copies.
Last updated: 2013-03-18