Printing and copying
As a student you can use the printing facilities available throughout the campuses. This allows you to print or copy documents using a LiU computer, your own computer, tablet or mobile device. You pay for the printouts with a PayEx account.
1. Getting started with printing
2. Connect your PayEx account to LiU
3. Depositing money to your PayEx account
4. Printing from a LiU computer
5. Printing with a personal computer or device
8. Logging on to multifunction printer
A PayEx account is required, in addition to a LiU-ID, a LiU card and a functional email account, to be able to print and copy. Your LiU card must be linked to a PayEx account to pay for printouts. (You're unable to create a PayEx account until the day after fully activating your regular LiU-ID).
- Create a PayEx account and log in.
- Click on " Go to the registration" and fill in your information.
- Click "next"
- A one-time code is sent to the email address you entered.
- Open a new tab and go to your email and retrieve the code.
- Paste the code and move on. You now get a presentation to your account.
- Click "sign in" and you will come into account.
Note that if you are an exchange or master student, you need to take a copy of your passport and a copy of your LiU-card (or registration transcript) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to get a PayEx account.
- Open a new tab in the browser and go to: The Pcounter PayEx sign-up portal.
- Sign in with the email account you provided at PayEx and your LiU information.
- Click on the link " Click here to request one-time password".
- Accept the agreement.
- You’ll receive a one-time code sent to your email.
- Go to the tab with your email and retrieve the code.
- Paste the code into the field displayed on the page. Once this is done, the connection should be complete.
- Double check this on the Payex page. There should now be a link to University of Linköping on "AutoPay contracts".
You need to deposit money to your PayEx account before being able to print and copy. You can do this from your PayEx-account under "Account overview".
You can use the scanning function with an empty PayEx account.
If the printer reports "Insufficient balance" when you try to print it is usually because the connection between the PayEx account and your LiU-ID is broken.
Do the following:
- Log in to your PayEx-konto.
- Check your AutoPay agreement, if there is one for Linköping University - remove it.
- Now redo the connection procedure in step 2 above.
If you're using a computer connected to LiU's network (i. e. a library computer, computer lab, or similarly), you can send your printing jobs directly to a printer. Every printer has a name label, and you merely choose the relevant printer when printing the document.
PrintAnywhere - collect the print anywhere
There is a printer called PrintAnywhere. If you should use this printer, the document is not printed immediately but placed in a printing queue, and you can collect the printout from any multifunction printer of model LiU3, LiU4 or LiU5. This feature is useful when you're unsure of the names of the nearby printers, or so no one else mistakenly grabs your printouts.
- To use this feature, select "PrintAnywhere" in the printer list.
- Find a multifunction printer with a name ending in LiU3, LiU4 or LiU5 (for example Krokodilen-LiU4), and logon to the printer.
- Press PPullPrint (on models LiU3 and LiU4) or Scan/Print and then PPullPrint (on model LiU5).
- The printer should provide you with a list of your printing jobs, and you can choose which ones to print.
- Remember to log out from the printer when done.
If you want to print from a personal computer, tablet or smartphone you can use the web service EveryonePrint. Use your LiU-ID and password to logon. You can then either upload a document or supply a URL to a webpage that you want printed, then select the printer to which you want to print.
You can also install printer drivers to be able to print directly from your application or computer. This will also enable the more advanced features of the printers, such as stapling and punching.
- To copy, logon to a multifunction printer.
- Insert the original document and press ”Copy”.
- If necessary, change the default settings to accommodate you. You can view your changes using the ”Output” selection (LiU3 and LiU4) or ”Basic” selection (LiU5). To reset your changes, use ”Reset”.
- Define the number of copies and press "Start".
Using the multifunction printers you can scan documents and images, and then send these to an email address. When scanning, the documents can be converted immediately to other document types. Scanning is free of charge.
Before using the features of a multifunctional printer, you must logon to the printer with your LiU card and its PIN code.
- Enter your PIN (using the small keyboard icon to the right of the input box).
- Place your LiU card against the card reader labelled ”Place LiU card here”.
How to authenticate without a LiU card:
- Enter your LiU-ID and password in the respective input boxes.
- Skip filling in a PIN code.
- Use the small keyboard icon to the right of the input boxes to be presented with a keyboard to write with.
- Press ”Login” when done entering your information.
- Remember to log out from the printer when done.
Last updated: Tue Aug 22 15:44:42 CEST 2017