LiU-ID och LiU-card
As a student at Linköping University you get access to a user-id called LiU-ID and a personal access card called the LIU-card.
The LiU-ID is a central user identity consisting of a username and password, that you use to log in to all the university's IT services.
The LiU-card is a plastic card with the following functions:
- Access card on Campus
- Library card
- Copy/print card
- Bus card on the Campus bus
- Student ID
- Identification for exams
- Student discount card and Mecenat card
- Membership card at Campushallen, Campus Valla
Acquire your LiU-ID and LiU-card
Collect your LiU-ID and LiU-card at a student service desk/LiU card station on Campus:
- Register for a course at Linköping University. See www.liu.se/antagen.
- Collect your LiU-ID and LiU-card at a Student service desk/LiU-card station. Bring identification (passport, national ID card or driving license if you are from within the EU, only passport otherwise).
- Activate LiU-ID och LiU-card using the activation key you receive when you sign the agreement. Activation is necessary in order to use both LiU-ID and LiU-card.
- (Optional) Link your LiU-card to the PayEx print function in order to be able to use the printers at LiU.
Update your LiU-card
The LiU-card must be updated each semester. This sets the card as active for the current semester, and prints a new expiry date on it. To update the card you must have registered for your courses at least the day before. Updating is made in self-service machines found at a LiU-card station or other places around Campus.
Block your LiU-card
If you lose your LiU-card you must block it immediately by:
- Visiting a student service desk/LiU-card station, or
- Sending an e-mail from your student e-mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org. When contacting us by e-mail, always state your civic registration number (P-number). Blocking by e-mail generally takes about two working days.
After blocking, a new LiU-card can be obtained for free from a student service desk/LiU-card station.
Student Service Desk, Zenit Building
Open: weekdays 12:00 - 15:30
Student Service Desk, Kåkenhus
Open: weekdays 10:00 - 15:00
E-service cards: Wednesdays 13.00 - 15.00
Update-machines are also available at the Library in Kåkenhus.
LiU-service, entrance 76, Building 511
Open: weekdays 8:00 - 15:00
E-service cards: 11.00 - 14.00
For questions regarding access to buildings, please contact:
Campus security Linköping
Telephone 013-28 5888
Campus security Norrköping
Telephone 013-28 5888
Last updated: Wed Nov 15 09:33:50 CET 2017