Accommodation offer for fee-paying students
Fee-paying master's students are offered a student corridor room in Linköping via International Office (IO). However if you are a master student on a distance learning programme, IO cannot offer accommodation for the mandatory campus weeks. The master's students on distance learning programmes need to organise accommodation before arriving to Linköping.
Our housing coordinator will send an e-mail to new fee-paying master's students at the end of April - beginning of May with further information on how to reserve a room. Your room will be allocated to you after the tuition fee payment deadline 1 June. If you miss the deadline for the tuition fee, you will not receive an accommodation offer.
If you planning to bring your family, please contact email@example.com before 1 June and we will do our best to help.
Currently, a student room in Ryd is the only accommodation we offer. You do not have to accept the offer; however finding accommodation at the start of the semester can be complicated. We recommend you accept the offer and search for a more preferrable alternative after arrival.
The list below should be followed when moving out of your accommodation. You can also print this cleaning checklist and tick the boxes when completed.
If anything is unclear, please talk to the International Student Coordinators.
1. Cancel your internet and parking lot
Do not forget to cancel an internet connection or parking lot! The easiest way of paying the last month's bill is to contact the provider and ask how much you owe them. It is more convenient to pay it while in Sweden. If you prefer to pay it from abroad you have to give the provider of the service your home address.
2. Get your room in order
The room must be thoroughly cleaned. See the cleaning instructions below. Please note: if there are any complaints about your cleaning you will be charged for the additional costs.
Make sure everything belonging to the room, furniture, doors and so forth, is in the room for the inspection.
An inspection of your room will be done approximately two weeks before you move out. The inspectors check that everything in the room is in good condition. You are liable for the costs of any misuse (damages to the floor, holes in doors and broken windows) and/or extra cleaning.
Here are some tips:
- The drain in the floor (under the bathtub or in the shower) must be cleaned out. You may have to remove the front of the bathtub to reach it. Open up the drain and remove the gunk that has collected and wipe it clean inside and out.
- Underneath the sink must be cleaned.
- The toilet must be spotless.
- All floors must be cleaned.
- The radiators have to be cleaned from dust, do not forget the backside.
- Painted areas have to be cleaned from dust. This includes the frames around the windows, doors and the skirting boards.
- The windows have to be cleaned, including between the glass (there could be a latch in the frame that will help you to open the windows). If you need tools to open in between the windows, please visit Catarina Lorin at Zenit for a tool kit.
- Clean the compartments and the drawers in the closets.
- Clean the doors, remember the top of the door!
You also need to clean the kitchen. Clean all the cupboards from breadcrumbs and dust as well as refrigerator and the freezer, which must be free of ice. The oven and the fan (take away the filter and clean it) have to be free from grease and other dirt. Do not forget to pull out the oven to clean behind it. Avoid leaving greasy spots on the doors of the cupboard.
3. Hand in the keys
You have to return all keys you received to Catarina Lorin (NOT Studentbostäder!) when moving out. If not, we will charge you for changing the locks. This can cost up to 2000 SEK. If you move out after office hours, the keys can be placed in an envelope and put in the mailbox in the entrance outside D-building.
Remember to write your name and your address and address it to:
International Students Reception
You do NOT have to cancel the contract with LiU since when you signed the contract you also decided on an end date. Only if you wish to CHANGE the end date will you need to come and see us.
Last updated: Tue May 23 17:10:04 CEST 2017