Who at LiU has achieved the most for the environment?
It is high time to nominate candidates for LiU's Environmental Award, which will be awarded to the student or employee who during 2011 has endeavoured to make LiU more environmentally friendly.
This year marks the sixth time that the environmental prize has been awarded by LiU's Environmental Coordinator.
The nomination period runs until 25 September and the prize, which is awarded in conjunction with LiU Environment Day on October 3 will be equal to SEK 5,000.
The prize has been established to highlight the environmental work undertaken at the LiU and to further stimulate debate on environmental issues.
The 2011 prize was awarded to Linnea Börjars, a student at the tourism programme (pictured right).
- 2011: Linnea Börjars, student at tourism programme. Among other things, she led efforts to diplomas for their student section STiL as a green section and launched a working group for Fairtrade and organic purchases on campus.
- 2010: Brittmari Planstedt, local planner at LiU’s Premises Department. She implemented environmental issues into LiU's daily activities.
- 2009: The Project group for LinTek's climate week and the environmental researcher’s programme’s marketing group.
- 2008: Olof Hjelm, IEI, for his work as an environmental Council President (among other things).
- 2007: Café Baljan (eco-friendly range) / Local Service (environmentally certified operations) shared the prize.
Last updated: 2012-08-29