There are many reasons why you should be registered for a course or a program:
- Swedish law (SFS 1993:1153) states that all institutes of higher education must keep register of all their students
- You won't risk losing your place in a course or a programme
- You are entitled to attend lectures and seminars
- You receive credits for your studies
- The department receives funds for your place in a programme or course
- You can attend parties and activities arranged for students
- You can use student discounts
How and where do I register?
If you are a new student, you first have to create a temporary LiU-ID (student account) at www.liu.se/admitted in order to register. Then you get access to the Student Portal. If you already have been studying at Linköping University AND have a LiU-ID, register in the Student Portal. Please note that you cannot register by e-mail or fax.
When do I register?
Registration is possible for two weeks after a course starts.
How do I register if I do not live in Linköping or Norrköping?
Registration in the Student Portal
Registration request or cancellation of registration
Before you register you have to confirm that you have read the rules concerning registration/cancel of registration (Dnr LiU 750/06-20). Your confirmation also applies that you understand the current rules and are responsible for following them. Registration cannot be done without confirmation.
How do I cancel my registration?
Students at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences cancel their registration by contacting the department. Students at the Faculty of Health Sciences contacts both Studentenheten and the department, and students at the Institute of Technology contacts the international coordinator.
Form for registration request or cancellation of registration (dnr LiU 750/06-40)
Last updated: 2012-12-17