Student administration and administrative issues is a blanket term that covers all applications, requests, course selections and similar matters related to your academic career. Most matters you can do in the Student portal, but other times you may need to fill in a form at a Student Service Desk. In many cases, the secretariat at your department will be able to advise you.
At the main Student Service Desks you can pick up and submit forms to:
- apply for single subject courses or complete study programs at Linköping University
- apply for a course within a study program - withdraw from a course (within three weeks after course start)
- apply for approval of work placement
- apply to be credited for a course or to switch courses
- apply to change your course profile
- apply to change your academic site or to be accepted to part of a study program
- apply for certificate for degree project and completed courses
- apply to interrupt your studies (short term)
- apply to suspend your studies (longer period)
Transcript of records
You can obtain transcripts of records and certificates at the Student Service Desks and the secretariat at your department. You can also order them in the Student portal.
Your transcript of records shows the number of academic points you have completed, the names of the courses and your grades. The transcripts are formatted according to their purpose and can be obtained in Swedish or English. Application must be made for each type; to seek employment, a position for a degree project or a financial grant, to apply for a degree certificate, to apply to some other university or university college.
Proof of registration
You can obtain a certificate proving that you are a registered student at Linköping University. It can be obtained in Swedish or English.
Each semester you have to register for your programme and single subject courses in the Student portal.
Where can I get more help?
Although the main Student Service Desk can advise you in most matters, in some cases you must seek help from another sources.
If you forget to register for an exam.
Notify the secretariat at your department that you intend to go to the exams hall to see if any seat is available. Go to the exams hall early and speak with an exams supervisor. With a little luck, there might be a vacancy and you can take the exam anyway.
If points are missing on your record transcript or points have been incorrectly reported.
Get in touch with the secretariat at the department that administers the course.
If you need the authenticity of document copies validated
Any of your friends or family can do this. If you have a question about your student access card (yellow card) contact the Student Union.
Phone: 013-28 20 00
Visiting adress: Student Service Desk, Zenit buildning, Campus Valla or Kåkenhus, Bredgatan 33, Campus Norrköping.
10-12 am and 1-3 pm
16/5 phonehours only 1-3 pm
Visiting hours Linköping, Zenit
12.00 am - 3.30 pm
Visiting hours Norrköping, Kåkenhus
10 am - 3.00 pm
Changed opening hours: Thursday 16/5 open 14.00-15.00
If you contact us by e-mail please include your full name/civic registration number or student number and the study programme or course you are enrolled in. Note! Only re-registrations can be done by e-mail.
The Student Service Desk can help you if you discover that:
- You have problems with your registration.
- You cannot locate the lecture room where classes are held.
- You aren't sure who to turn to in any academic matte.
Last updated: 2013-05-13