Welcome to Linköping University – Faculty of Science and Engineering’s Search Portal for Exchange Places
The Exchange places for the Academic year 2018/19 are published.
The Application for Exchange studies for the academic year 2018/2019 is closed, deadline was 15 November 2017. Next application deadline is 10 september 2018 for Exchange studies in Europa spring 2019. A separate list with places will be published in June.
We reserve the right to update the information found in this Search Portal.
Through this search portal you can find all exchange places the Faculty of Science and Engineering currently offers.
We recommend that you search for exchange places in 3 ways:
- By Country – then you can select a partner university from the “Partner university” scroll-down menu.
- By Subject area – these are the subject areas in which our exchange agreements with partner universities are signed. Note that there could be several exchange agreements signed with the same partner university in different subject areas.
Search tip! The subject area “Engineering and engineering trades” is often used as a broad subject area to include various subjects in the field of engineering/science/technology. As a rule always search for this broad subject in order to find all places that may be suitable for your specialisation.
Search tip! All exchange agreements outside of Europe and the Exchange programme Nordtek have the subject area “Engineering and engineering trades”.
- Students in the programmes Ii, Yi and GDK can choose their programme from the scroll-down menu in “Subject area/Study programme” and thereby search for all places that are reserved for their programme. Places reserved for Ii, Yi and GDK are indicated so in the name of the exchange place.
How do you interpret the search results?
- Course offerings/limitations – it is very important for you to note here if the exchange is restricted to a certain faculty/school/department at the partner university or to certain programmes/courses! Simply because you were able to find suitable courses on the partner university's website does not mean you can take those courses within the framework of our exchange agreement!
- Exchange places – number and total duration for all places - The places currently published in the Search Portal concern exchange studies during Academic Year 2018/19. Please note that the number of places is subject to change, and we reserve the right to update the numbers to reflect changes in our agreements with partner universities.
*One semester exchange = 5 months *One academic year exchange = 10 months
In most but not all cases, an exchange place of 1/10 months (one student for one academic year)
can be converted to 2 x 5 = 10 months (two students for one semester each), and vice versa.
- Language(s) of instruction – this field will appear in the search result for all partner universities that we know have stricter language requirements. A recommended language level is indicated for the teaching language, be it English or the local language.
New universities for the Academic year 2018/19
-Seoul National University of Technology and Science (SEOULTECH), Korea, Republic of
-National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan Tech), Taiwan
-The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Kina
-Waseda University, Japan
-Charles University in Prague – Subject area: Chemistry, Czech Republic = Univerzita Karlova v Praze
For the moment negotiations is going on with Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), Korea, Republic of
and we hope to be able to announce this institution as well. More information will follow.
You will find more information about the universities in the Search Portal and the Fact sheets.
Senast uppdaterad: Fri Nov 17 11:47:01 CET 2017