What to think about before moving out
Keys: You must return the keys to the Info Centre in Studenthuset according to your housing contract. If the 1st is a Saturday, Sunday or a Swedish holiday, you should return them at the latest the first weekday after this day at 12.00 noon. If we receive the keys later than this time and date, we have to change the lock on your door. You will be charged for the cost of changing the lock and dependning on the type of lock, the cost is about 4000 SEK (Heimstaden) and about 2000 SEK (Studentbostäder). We need to know as soon as possible if you have lost a key, in order to have time to change the lock before you move out.
If the Info Centre in Studenthuset is closed when you come to return the keys, we have a post box installed on the left side of the glass door to entrance 31 at D-building (opposite to Pressbyrån). You can reach this post box 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just put the keys in an envelope and leave them in the box. It is ok to ask a friend to leave us the keys but remember to inform them about the exact place and when the keys should be left. It is your responsibility that we receive them back in due time. Do not give the keys to Studentbostäder or Heimstaden! Your room is rented by the University so the keys have to be returned to us.
Other important tasks:
- A final cleaning is included if your room is "normal" unclean, which means that it should be cleaned regularly by you, during your stay. You will be charged if you leave the room in a condition where a regular final cleaning is not enough. Do not forget to empty and wipe your shelves in the kitchen!
- Do not leave any belongings or extra furniture in the room (you find a list in your housing contract), or you will be charged for transporting it away. Throw away all other belongings. It is only ok to leave a router, network cable, clean pillow or a blanket.
- The door to your student accommodation must be locked when you leave it.
- If you paid the rent automatically on internet, or from your bank, make sure to cancel it.
- Do not throw away the bill for the coming month. Leave it in the post box for the next tenant.
- Before you move out, it is important that you cancel your internet contract with Utsikt, otherwise the next tenant will be able to use the internet in your name. Phone 0771-504 050 or send them an e-mail at email@example.com
Last updated: 2020-11-09