Hide menu

How to pay the rent - Studentbostäder

Regardless of what date you come to pick up the keys, you must pay the rent for that full month within 48 hours. You will find the invoice in the post box, which belongs to your student accommodation. It is not addressed to your name, but to “Tenant International Office”. Please check that the address and the payment period is correct before you pay it. If the former tenant has thrown the invoice for the coming month, please let us know and we will arrange a new one for you. If you live in a student apartment with a kitchenette (for two students), you receive one invoice per month to share with your room mate, so you should each pay half of the total the amount on the bill. 


Every month around the 15th, you will get a new invoice for the coming month. It must be paid before the end of the month and we recommend you to do the transaction on the 25th. So for e.g. September, the bill should be paid latest August 25th. Since all students arrive on different dates and it is not possible for them to pay the rent before they arrive, we have an agreement with Studentbostäder that payment of the rent can be done within 48 hours after picking up the keys. 


Pay your invoice in Sweden: If you want to pay the rent from Sweden but don't have a Swedish bank account, you can visit the tobacco shop in Ryd Center called “Direkten”. If you do so, the landlord will get the money within two business days. Bring the invoice and your passport (or international id-card if you are from a country within Europe) to the tobacco shop. They have an ATM-machine in the same centre but you can also pay with Visa or Master card. If you pay one rent, they charge you approximately 75 SEK.  Most international students pay the rent this way every month. If you wish to pay the rent for several months at the same time, just ask the tobacco shop how to change the amount on the invoice. 


Of course, it is also possible to pay the rent at a bank in Linköping city. Unfortunately, the banks take a fee up to 150 SEK for paying one bill. Therefore we recommend you to pay at the tobacco shop in Ryd Center or at Forex at Storgatan 32 in the city. If you need to pay bills for more than 10.000 SEK per 24 days you need to go to Forex. It is not possible at the tobacco shop in Ryd. 


International transaction from your home country: It is ok to make the transaction each month from a bank in your home country but if you do, make sure to pay the bill at least one week before last day for payment. If you pay in another currency than SEK, make sure to pay enough and also note that many banks take a fee for transferring the money to another country. Avoid using TransferWise or Revolut as it has caused a lot of trouble with the receiving of their transactions.



Page manager: intco@liu.se
Last updated: 2020-02-27