Licensed software for students
Software via MinIT
Linköping University has signed agreements that offers students license for certain software. Please note that you are bound by the agreement you signed when you started your studies here at the university. You may use the software only for study related activities.
Spell check and screen reader
- SpellRight - spelling aid for English.
- Stava Rex - spelling aid for Swedish.
- Tortalk - speach software, screen reader. Learn more about Tortalk's functions on Tortalk's website.
Statistics, technical computing and data analysis
- Nvivo - data analysis.
- Maple - technical computing, including visualization, data analysis.
- Matlab - software for mathematical and technical computing.
- Mathematica - software for mathematical and technical computing.
- Minitab - statistics software (PC only).
- Minitab Express - statistics software (PC, Mac).
- SPSS - statistics software.
- QtiPlot - data analysis and interactive visualisation.
- ElVis - software for electrical design.
- EndNote - reference management software package.
- PPS Online - project management tool.
- Survey and report - survey creator.
Microsoft Office 365
You can download Microsoft Office 365 via Lisam. In Lisam; click the top left menu and then Office 365. This makes it possible for you to always have access to the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Forms, and more.
In Microsoft Imagine you can download software from Microsoft for free (mostly developing tools, but also OS versions, for example Visual Studio and SQL Server, etc.).
Imagine is only accessible for students who are classified as STEM-lab users. To gain access you have to answer the following questions and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your LiU-ID
- What course are you taking?
- At which department is the course being held?
- Who is the course coordinator?
- Motivate why you should have access to Microsoft Imagine.
Autodesk for students
By joining the Autodesk Student Community students and faculty staff will be allowed to get a free download of several parts of Autodesk software and take part in self-study at their own pace.
For installation, contact information and support, visit the Autodesk website: Student Community
LiU Helpdesk (IT support)
Last updated: 2019-03-18