LiU-ID and LiU-card
As a student at Linköping University you get access to a user-id called LiU-ID and a personal access card called the LiU-card.
The LiU-ID is a central user identity consisting of a username and password, that you use to log in to all the university's IT services.
The LiU-card is a plastic card with the following functions:
- Access card on Campus
- Library card
- Copy/print card
- Bus card on the Campus bus
- Student ID
- Identification for exams
- Student discount card and Mecenat card
- Membership card at Campushallen, Campus Valla
How to get LiU-ID and LiU-card
- Register for your courses.
- Collect your LiU-ID and LiU-card at Info Centre or the campus libraries. Bring an ID document; passport, national ID card or driving license if you are from within the European Union, passport only if you are from outside the EU.
- Link your LiU-card to the print function in order to be able to use the printers at LiU.
Update your LiU-card
The LiU-card must be updated with a new expiry date each semester. You must have registered for your courses before updating. Updating is done at Info Centre or the campus libraries.
You can change the PIN on your card by either visiting Info Centre or by sending an email with the new PIN to firstname.lastname@example.org from your student e-mail address.
Block your LiU-card
If you lose your LiU-card you must block it immediately by either:
- Visiting Info Centre, or
- Sending an e-mail from your student e-mail account to email@example.com.
After blocking, a new LiU-card can be obtained for free from any Info Centre.
Last updated: 2019-05-16