As a student at Linköping University, you will be given a personal e-mail account for study-related e-mails.
In order to get access to your e-mail as a student you need a LiU ID and you have to be registered on a course or a programme at LiU. To be able to obtain your LiU ID yourself, you must have applied to the university through www.universityadmissions.se and you must have a Swedish personal identity number. If these two conditions are not met, you must obtain manual assistance with registration and your LiU ID at Info Centre. This will be possible on the day after the roll call or start of the course.
- Go to https://lisam.liu.se and log in using your LiU-ID and your password. Be sure to wait an hour after you have activated your LiU-ID before logging in to Lisam.
- The first time you log in to Lisam, you will see a message that your profile is now being created.
- Click on the squares in the top left corner and you will see the services available.
- Click on Outlook.
If Outlook is not available, this may be caused by:
- You are not registered on your programme or course at LiU.
- The first time you come to Outlook, you are asked to enter language and time zone.
- Click Save.
- You are now in your new e-mail client, welcome!
Guides and manuals
Manuals in Lisam (for instance access to student e-mail and how to forward e-mail)
Contact and support
You are welcome to contact the IT Helpdesk if you experience IT related problems at LiU and need help.
- Telephone: +46 13-28 28 28
- Contact form and error report
Regular opening hours:
Monday and Thursday 08:00-20:00
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 08:00-17:00
Find answers in the KNowledge database
Maybe it's possible that you can solve a problem on your own! See guides with answers to common IT questions and problems.
Last updated: 2021-08-31