Licenced software for students
Software via MinIT
Linköping University has signed agreements that offers students license for certain software. Please note that you are bound by the agreement you signed when you started your studies here at the university. You may use the software only for study related activities.
- Microsoft Forms
With the help of Forms you can create simple questionnaires, registration forms and quiz. It is possible to have language versions in one form. The questionnaire works well when respondents answer on a mobile device, and you get a summary presented in a clear overview.
- Survey & report - link to login
A system where you can do slightly more advanced question types. You can also create reports from one or more questionnaires.
The surveys can be made public or addressed to specific respondents, anonymously or openly. All traffic to and from the service is encrypted. When you have logged into the service you will find manuals and instructional videos under the "Help" tab.
Spell check and screen reader
- SpellRight - spelling aid for English.
- Stava Rex - spelling aid for Swedish.
- Tortalk - speach software, screen reader. Learn more about Tortalk's functions on Tortalk's website.
- Several of Microsofts apps (for example Word, OneNote and Teams) has built in functionality to read text aloud, Immersive Reading. More info about that is found on the page Microsoft Office via Lisam.
Statistics, technical computing and data analysis
- Nvivo - data analysis.
- Maple - technical computing, including visualization, data analysis.
- Matlab - software for mathematical and technical computing.
- Mathematica - software for mathematical and technical computing.
- Minitab - statistics software (PC only).
- Minitab Express - statistics software (PC, Mac).
- SPSS - statistics software.
- QtiPlot - data analysis and interactive visualisation.
- ElVis - software for electrical design.
- EndNote - reference management software package.
- PPS Online - project management tool.
You can download Windows 10 during your studies via MinIT.
You can download Microsoft Office 365 via Lisam. In Lisam; click the top left menu and then Office 365. This makes it possible for you to always have access to the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Forms, and more.
See this page for information on what you can utilise the apps for.
Online meetings, participate in distance education, and share your screen in group rooms on campus. Learn more about Zoom.
Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
In Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching you can download software from Microsoft for free (mostly developing tools, but also OS versions, for example Visual Studio and SQL Server, etc.).
- Your LiU-ID
- What course are you taking?
- At which department is the course being held?
- Who is the course coordinator?
- Motivate why you should have access to Microsoft Imagine.
Autodesk for students
By joining the Autodesk Student Community students and faculty staff will be allowed to get a free download of several parts of Autodesk software and take part in self-study at their own pace.
For installation, contact information and support, visit the Autodesk website: Student Community
LiU Helpdesk (IT support)
Contact and support
You are welcome to contact the IT Helpdesk if you experience IT related problems at LiU and need help.
- Telephone: +46 13-28 28 28
- Contact form and error report
Regular opening hours:
Monday and Thursday 08:00-20:00
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 08:00-17:00
Find answers in the KNowledge database
Maybe it's possible that you can solve a problem on your own! See guides with answers to common IT questions and problems.
Last updated: 2022-01-10