Zoom - video meetings and screen sharing
Zoom is an app used in distance education at LiU but there are also other areas of use, for instance video meetings and to share your screen wireless in group rooms (so far only in Studenthuset at Campus Valla).
It's possible to schedule video meetings with participants attenting LiU, and outside LiU. It's possible to connect via link or calling in with a phone (using a meeting ID). Both the meeting link and meeting ID is created by the organiser and shows up in the meeting invitation.
Short video guides from Zoom
Sharing screen in group room
Using your existing LiU account, you can immediately start to use the tool and explore its functions.
- Download Zoom from https://liu-se.zoom.us/download and start the app.
- Select “Sign in”
- Select the alternative “Log in with SSO” on the right side
- Type in the name of LiU’s domain: liu-se
- You will now be transferred to the secure login page for LiU, where you log in. Thus, it is possible to use your normal LiU login details, and it is not necessary to create a separate account.
- In the dialogue box that appears after logging in, accept that Zoom.us should be opened.
- You are now up and running!
It is also possible to visit https://liu-se.zoom.us/ to schedule meetings, change settings and join meetings.
Contact and support
You are welcome to contact the IT Helpdesk if you experience IT related problems at LiU and need help.
- Telephone: +46 13-28 58 98
- Contact form and error report
Regular opening hours:
Monday and Thursday 08:00-20:00
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 08:00-17:00
Find answers in the KNowledge database
Maybe it's possible that you can solve a problem on your own! See guides with answers to common IT questions and problems.
Last updated: 2020-01-16