Zoom - video meetings
Zoom is an app used in distance education at LiU.
Using your existing LiU account, you can immediately start to use the app.
- Download Zoom here and start the app. If you have a Chromebook, download it from the web store.
- Select “Sign in”
- Select the alternative “Log in with SSO” on the right side
- Type in the name of LiU’s domain: liu-se
- You will now be transferred to the secure login page for LiU, where you log in. Thus, it is possible to use your normal LiU login details, and it is not necessary to create a separate account.
- In the dialogue box that appears after logging in, accept that Zoom.us should be opened.
- You are now up and running!
It's also possible to visit https://liu-se.zoom.us/ to change settings and join meetings.
You can join a test Zoom meeting to familiarize yourself with Zoom before you join a real meeting. See information at Zoom's website.
It's possible to connect via link or calling in with a phone. The meeting link, meeting ID and password is created by the organiser of the meeting and shows up in the meeting invitation.
Make sure to have a headset with microphone when connecting to a meeting for best sound quality.
Make sure to login with the SSO method with your LiU ID (see instruction above). Everyone with a LiU account can schedule Zoom meetings.
Guides from Zoom
Getting started with Zoom (playlist with videos from Zoom)
Push to talk (temporarily unmute)
More information and more guides are available in the Zoom help centre.
Contact and support
You are welcome to contact the IT Helpdesk if you experience IT related problems at LiU and need help.
- Telephone: +46 13-28 28 28
- Contact form and error report
Regular opening hours:
Monday and Thursday 08:00-20:00
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 08:00-17:00
Find answers in the KNowledge database
Maybe it's possible that you can solve a problem on your own! See guides with answers to common IT questions and problems.
Last updated: 2022-05-10