LiU-ID and LiU-card
As a student at Linköping University you get access to a user-id called LiU-ID and a personal access card called the LIU-card.
The LiU-ID is a central user identity consisting of a username and password, that you use to log in to all the university's IT services.
The LiU-card is a plastic card with the following functions:
- Access card on Campus
- Library card
- Copy/print card
- Bus card on the Campus bus
- Student ID
- Identification for exams
- Student discount card and Mecenat card
- Membership card at Campushallen, Campus Valla
How to get LiU-ID and LiU-card
Collect your LiU-ID and LiU-card at a student service desk/LiU card station on Campus:
- Register for your courses.
- Collect your LiU-ID and LiU-card at a Student service desk or LiU-card station. Bring an ID document; passport, national ID card or driving license if you are from within the European Union, passport only if you are from outside the EU.
- Link your LiU-card to the print function in order to be able to use the printers at LiU.
Update your LiU-card
The LiU-card must be updated with a new expiry date each semester. You must have registered for your courses at least the day before. Updating is done in self-service machines found at the LiU-card stations and some other places (see the right panel) around Campus.
To change the PIN on your card you must either come by a card station or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your student e-mail address.
Block your LiU-card
If you lose your LiU-card you must block it immediately by either:
- Visiting a student service desk/LiU-card station, or
- Sending an e-mail from your student e-mail account to email@example.com.
After blocking, a new LiU-card can be obtained for free from any LiU-card station.
Student Service Desk, Zenit Building
Open: weekdays 12:00 - 15:30
An update-machine is also available at Valla Library in the D-building.
Student Service Desk, Kåkenhus
Open: weekdays except Wednesdays: 12:00 - 15:00
E-service cards: weekdays 13.00 - 15.00
Changed Opening Hours:
25/3: open 14.00-15.00
28/3: open 13.00-15.00
An update-machine is also available at the Library in Kåkenhus.
LiU-service, entrance 76, Building 511
Open: weekdays 11.00 - 14.00
E-service cards: weekdays 11.00 - 14.00
Cards can be updated at LiU-service.
For questions regarding access to buildings, please contact:
Campus security Linköping
Telephone 013-28 5888
Campus security Norrköping
Telephone 013-28 5888
Last updated: Thu Mar 21 16:09:36 CET 2019