LiU-ID and LiU-card
As a student at Linköping University you get access to a user-id called LiU-ID and a personal access card called the LiU-card.
The LiU-ID is a central user identity consisting of a username and password, that you use to log in to all the university's IT services.
The LiU-card is a plastic card with the following functions:
- Access card on Campus
- Library card
- Copy/print card
- Bus card on the Campus bus
- Electronic identification for internal use at LiU
- Membership card at Campushallen, Campus Valla
How to get LiU-ID and LiU-card
- Register for your courses.
- From August 1 new student can upload a portrait image in Min IT by following the instructions. In order to get a LiU-card, you must first upload a portrait image under "My profile" in Min IT. (Please note that step 2 applies from 1 August and only for new students at LiU.)
- Collect your LiU-ID and LiU-card at an Info Centre. Bring an ID document; passport, national ID card or driving license if you are from within the European Union, passport only if you are from outside the EU.
- Link your LiU-card to the print function in order to be able to use the printers at LiU.
You can change your PIN by visiting an Info Centre. You must have uploaded a portrait image under "My profile" in Min IT.
Block your LiU-card
If you lose your LiU-card you must block it immediately by either:
- Visiting Info Centre, or
- Sending an e-mail from your student e-mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After blocking, a new LiU-card can be obtained for free from any Info Centre.
Last updated: 2019-11-08