LiU-ID and LiU-card
As a student at Linköping University you get access to a user-id called LiU-ID and a personal access card called the LiU-card.
The LiU-ID is a central user identity consisting of a username and password, that you use to log in to all the university's IT services.
The LiU-card is a plastic card with the following functions:
- Access card on Campus
- Library card
- Copy/print card
- Bus card on the Campus bus
- Electronic identification for internal use at LiU
- Membership card at Campushallen, Campus Valla
How to get LiU-ID and LiU-card
- Register for your courses.
- Upload a portrait image in Min IT by following the instructions under "My profile" in Min IT. (Please note that step 2 only applies for new students at LiU.)
- Collect your LiU-ID and LiU-card at an Info Centre. Bring an ID document; passport, national ID card or driving license if you are from within the European Union, passport only if you are from outside the EU. Students at Campus Lidingö can also collect their cards from Maria Leijonhielm.
- Link your LiU-card to the print function in order to be able to use the printers at LiU.
You can change your PIN by visiting an Info Centre. You must have uploaded a portrait image under "My profile" in Min IT.
Block your LiU-card
If you lose your LiU-card you must block it immediately by either:
- Visiting Info Centre, or
- Sending an e-mail from your student e-mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After blocking, a new LiU-card can be obtained for free from any Info Centre.
Last updated: 2020-08-31